The criteria is: increase the outreach of the Co-op; Promote the vales of the Cooperative movement; support and promote the community; support the community where the Co-op works; support education and healthy lifestyles. Each application will be reviewed and weighed on its merits.
1. Donations should support charitable, non-profit and community organizations for the benefit of individuals in communities within the general trading area of St. Malo Co-op.
2. Organizations granted support should be required to recognize St. Malo Co-op’s positive contribution to the community.
3. Donations to be given at the community level versus the national level.
4. Donations will be spread around various organizations. Exceptions could be larger donations which are funded over a multi-year period.
The following is a list of groups to which it may not be appropriate to donate:
1. Individuals/self interest
2. Religious organizations except those offering community services on a non-denominational basis
3. Private clubs or organizations
4. Any organization involved in promoting controversial issues
5. Special interest groups
6. Political groups
7. Membership groups not supporting the Co-op as best they can.
We are committed to Sustainability. We will now be charging $.05/single use grocery bag. 50% of funds collected will be donated to a non profit organization within our community. Any non profit organization interested in this program please contact Henry Nickel at the Administration office to be considered for our list.